It’s Top Ten Tuesday again over at The Broke and the Bookish! The topic this week is supposed to be authors we’d like to see on a reality show, but they decided to open it up as a freebie week, since that topic is hard. I tried it, I really did, but 1) I don’t know enough about many authors’ personal attributes to be able to cast them appropriately, and 2) just because an author writes a character that would do well on a show doesn’t mean the author him/herself is cut out for the show.
Really, the only one I was sure about was Stephen King on Fear Factor. Because…you know…right?
So I’m tweaking the topic a bit, keeping the spirit but not the specifics. So without further ado (and in no particular order)…
Top Ten Fictional Characters I’d Like to See on a Reality Show
1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games): The Voice. Let’s see if the birds really do stop to listen.
2. Edward Cullen (Twilight): Dancing With the Stars. He’s a smooth operator who looks good in a tux. Plus, maybe his partner will teach him how to not look so constipated. OOH, we could call him Twinkle Toes. Get it? Twinkle? ‘Cause he’s sparkly?
3. Kaleb Ballard (Timepiece): American Gladiators. Okay, he’d probably need a while to prepare for this, and probably take up swimming again, but I think this would be kind of awesome.
4. Henry DeTamble (The Time Traveler’s Wife): Who Wants to be a Millionaire? Do game shows count as reality shows? I’m going to say yes. He’d have to look away from the big screens (one of the reasons I ruled out Jeopardy), but he may as well put all that librarian knowledge to good use.
5. Princess Buttercup (The Princess Bride): America’s Next Top Model. She’s the most beautiful girl in the world. And she’s dumb as a post.
6. Zeke (The Immortal Rules): Survivor. Pretty sure that after wandering in the wilderness for several years and avoiding death by vampires and rabids, a desert island would be a walk in the park.
7. Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games): Top Chef: Just Desserts. Frost them to death indeed.
8. Four (Divergent): Fear Factor. I mean, he only is afraid of four things! And as I recall, “eating gross things” wasn’t one of them.
9. Kent McFuller (Before I Fall): The Bachelor. But only if I get to pick the contestants too. And there is no hot tub.
10. Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom (Harry Potter): The Amazing Race. Enough about the Triumphant Trio. Time for these two to be in the spotlight. Plus, Gryffindor+Ravenclaw seems a formidable pairing for this show. (And yes, I know I used one slot for two characters, but since they compete as a team, and because this is a freebie week so I’m making the rules anyway, it counts.)
Love the list!! It’s absolutely perfect! =)
Is there a way I can just like your post without commenting? I want to give you some mad props for such a great list and making me laugh and all, but I’m tired. My funny is spent. So. Good job!
Kelly recently posted..How to Get Your Dream Job: A Review of Quitter by Jon Acuff
I THINK I just added a FB “Like” button. I mean, I know I did, but I’m not exactly sure what it does. It’s all one big experiment.
TheHouseworkCanWait recently posted..Teaser Tuesday (May 15)
This was one of my favorites! And such a creative twist. I was trying to think of (an author) for our list for Top Chef and never came up with a good one… at least one who wasn’t already a chef, which seemed too easy! I love Peeta, so I extra love him here! It was our first time, and this was surprisingly hard!
Also Edward Cullen on Dancing with the Stars = instaclassic!
I think Luna and Neville would be a great team. I always wanted those two to get together.
Dead Trees and Silver Screens recently posted..Trying To Relax While Peeing on Sticks: The Where-I’m-Supposed-To-Be Game
Excellent list! I especially like Katniss Everdeen on The Voice.
Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Authors I’d Like to See on a Reality Show
I adore your list! It’s perfect! Love Peeta on Top Chef and Four would be perfect for fear factor! Great job!
Lauren @ Story Bound recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Reality Edition!
Oh, I really like this twist on the topic. Very funny. I especially liked what you chose for Peeta. Hah!
Julie Seifert recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Authors I’d Like to See on a Reality Show
This is so perfect! Thanks for the laughs!!!
Kristy Frenken recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Book Endings That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open (5)
Brilliant list! Loved it. Here is mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-YP
Princess Buttercup on ANTM would be great! Inigo Montoya and Fezzik might do well on Amazing Race 🙂
Tita de la Garza (Like Water for Chocolate) would kick butt on Top Chef: Just Desserts.
Haven’t read LWFC yet! I just finally wanted Peeta to be able to competitively frost something. You know, other than his face.
TheHouseworkCanWait recently posted..Teaser Tuesday (May 15)
HAHA! Neville and Luna on the Amazing Race? That would be epic! Great choices. (:
Tabitha recently posted..Top Ten Love Triangles in Books
I love your list! 🙂 Absolutely loved when you put Peeta Melark on Top Chef: Just Desserts. He’d do pretty well, won’t he? 🙂
Katniss on The Voice and Edward on DWTS had me giggling. 🙂
Jerika recently posted..Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I’d Like To See On A Reality Show [May 15]
I love your list. The only show I haven’t seen is the Amazing Race. I love American Gladiators. Go Kaleb!
I actually haven’t seen The Amazing Race either! And I don’t really watch any of these shows (well, I DID watch American Gladiators back when it was on), but they just seemed like good picks 🙂 The only reality TV I watch is So You Think You Can Dance and The Sing-Off, but I couldn’t think of any characters that would work for those!
This is SUCH a terrific post! Loved the match-ups. Especially Top Chef: Just Desserts. Frost them to death indeed, Peeta! Haha I would also so watch Neville and Luna trip and stumble their way through an Amazing Race!
Liz Long recently posted..When Teams Attack–the Dreaded Love Triangle