If you’re here for the first time, I’d love if you could follow via email, RSS, LinkyFollowers or Networked Blogs. Just let me know your follow method of choice in the comments, and I’ll be happy to return the favor.
And if you’re not new, welcome back! Repeat visitors are better than finding a ten-spot in the pocket of your jeans while folding laundry.
Also, just as an FYI: I’m super-behind in my commenting and following. The past few weeks have been ridiculously crazy (this week alone we had a 4th birthday and a first day of first grade in our household), and I’m barely keeping up with my posting here, much less my interacting with other blogs. I do have every intent to catch up, but if you started following me in the past couple weeks and don’t think I’ve followed back yet, feel free to remind me. Refreshers never hurt.
This week’s question:
Q: What would you do over if you were to start your blog again from scratch?
Oh, so many things.
- I would start out on self-hosted WordPress instead of the free version.
- I would not post eight reviews on my very first day when I had no readers, and save absolutely none for later posting when I actually did get readers (still not sure why I thought that was a good idea).
- I would not send really annoying emails.
- I would not request books for review on NetGalley that I was only kinda sorta interested in reading.
- I would jump on Twitter from Day 1, but put more thought into who I followed.
- I wouldn’t worry as much about sounding “professional” and just talk like me.
Basically, the only thing I’d do the same is I’d keep my awesome header, because I love it. And my name, which were the very first words that popped into my head after “I should start a book blog.” Those two things are really the only things I did right, all those many (okay, 4.5) months ago.