Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
It’s another freebie week, which are my favorite things ever, but the problem this week is that I’m super-sick with The Crud That Would Not Die, and therefore my creative juices are dried up and caked with grossness around the edges (sorry, was that too much)? Seriously, I’ve coughed so much today that my teeth hurt. I didn’t even know that was a thing.
SO. I’m not so motivated to spend a long time seeking out an awesomely creative topic like last time. Instead, you get a top ten topic that doesn’t require much thought on my part, because that’s all I’m capable of. So without further ado, I give you:
The Top Ten Book Characters I’d Want on My Team in the Zombie Apocalypse
1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) – Sorry Harry, but I think that when fighting zombies, Hermione would be infinitely more useful than you. We could all camp out in her giant tent while she saves the world by inventing a zombie decapitation spell, and then she’d probably transfigure their headless corpses into a delightful feast. Mmmm, zombieflesh.
2. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter) – On this team full of people who can defend me from zombies, I need at least one person who can keep me alive by feeding me, and Molly is that person. But, if it comes down to it and she finds herself face to face with the undead, I think we all know Molly’s no slouch.
3. Cato (The Hunger Games) – Yes, I know he’s kind of a sociopath, but remember that the stipulation here is that he’d be on my side. And while Katniss is pretty handy with a bow and arrow, I’m thinking Cato’s sword would be a bit more zombie-appropriate. Plus, he’d probably think zombie-hunting was fun.
4. Logan McEntire (Defiance) – He’s an inventor, but also good in a fight. I’m thinking it would be a good idea to have someone around who could MacGyver his way out of a tight spot.
5. Hector (Crown of Embers) – Both good with a sword and well versed at military tactics and commanding troops. He’d probably be in charge of our little ragtag group.
6. Pia (Origin) – I haven’t finished reading this book yet, but I’m thinking a girl who can’t die and can run really fast would be a good teammate, yes?
7. Zeke (The Immortal Rules) – He’s basically already lived through a vampire apocalypse, so a zombie apocalypse shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right?
8. Aragorn (The Lord of the Rings) – Again with the sword and battle knowledge, but also dude’s got mad survival skills. If he could keep four hobbits alive, surely he could keep me alive.
9. Aslan (The Chronicles of Narnia) – LION VS. ZOMBIE. Also, he’s an all-powerful magical lion, so he probably wouldn’t even break a lionsweat.
10. Robert Muldoon (Jurassic Park) – He’s awesome enough to survive rampaging dinosaurs, so I’d trust him to survive zombies as well.
THERE YOU GO. Admit it, my team rocks. Although there’s still a lot of good picks out there in book world, so many of you could pick them and probably also survive. Good luck.
Now, if you need me, I’ll be on the floor over here, trying to locate my lung.