If you’re here for the first time, I’d love if you could follow via email, RSS, LinkyFollowers or Networked Blogs. Just let me know your follow method of choice in the comments, and I’ll be happy to return the favor.
And if you’re not new, welcome back! Repeat visitors are better than when you wake up and think it’s time to get up, but then look at the clock and realize it’s still the middle of the night.
This week’s question:
What blogger inspires you?
Since it doesn’t have to be a book blog (although don’t get me wrong – I love SO MANY book bloggers), I’m going to pick Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman. I’ve read her blog for years, used her Photoshop Actions, cooked tons of her food, and own the cookbook. Oh yeah, and I won an iPad from her. Seriously.
But the reason I admire her as a blogger is more than just because she holds the best giveaways ever. The giveaways are just icing on the cake of awesome that is Pioneer Woman. Allow me to list the awesome:
1) She’s hilarious and real. Her personality shines through in every one of her posts, be it about food, her kids, cattle ranching, or traveling the country on a book tour.
2) She posts entertaining content every single day.
3) She does this while homeschooling four children. I can’t even begin to imagine the amazing time management skills (which she says she is lacking, but compared to me, I believe this is a fallacy).
4) She’s written two cookbooks, a children’s book, and a book about the love story between her and her husband (which I read back when it was just content on her site, and it is hilarious). Again, I don’t know how she finds the time to write books, but she does.
5) She appears to be an honestly genuine and fun person, the kind I would want to be friends with if I met her in real life. (Which is something I’m still hoping happens someday).
6) She genuinely appreciates her readers, and although she is massively successful, she doesn’t let it go to her head. In all my years of reading her blog, I’ve never heard her say anything that comes across as bragging or entitled or superior. Which is probably one of the reasons she’s so popular.
I could probably keep going, but surely that’s enough for this post. Who inspires you?